How To Care For Your Flowers
Flowers are like us – they love TLC! So when you get your flowers, make sure you do the following to maximise the vase life of the bouquet:
- Cut 2-3cm off the bottom of the stems. This removes the scab that may have formed at the bottom of the stem. Make a clean cut at an angle to maximise the area the flower can drink from – this also ensures that stems won’t sit flat on the bottom of the vase.
- Remove any leaves that will be below the water line. This helps the water to stay clean.
- Hydrate the flowers in plenty of fresh, clean water. Make sure to use a clean vase.
- Feed using half of the flower food provided for the first 3 days then replace the water with fresh food for the next 3 days.
- Display in a cool room out of direct sunlight…remember many of the flowers will have spent their entire lives growing up in the elements outside.